Botha Hammer PP+ 3/2 HV Bodyboard
Botha Hammer PP+ 3/2 High Volume Bodyboard
Andre Botha's relaxed surfing style paired with his ability to ride the craziest waves in the world has made him into one of the most dynamic riders the sport has ever seen. His template is designed with one thing in mind, pulling into the biggest barrels possible.
This is your chance to ride Andres custom board! This is the exact board Andre uses at Pipeline but with added volume for those who need more.
- KINETIC CORE™ 1.9lb PP ULTRA (K19)- Kinetic Polypro Core is a state of the art engineered bodyboard core. A lightweight core that is fusion formed to create a nucleus that delivers incredible flexural properties, including instant recoil, added projection, enhanced longitudinal stiffness & awesome compression strength. This core is 100% waterproof.Constructed from premium grade 1.9lb density Polypropylene resins, Kinetic Core delivers amazing projection and response as a result of high pressure cell-fusion created during the blank manufacturing process. Kinetic Core is a warm water core available in various reinforcement configurations, each tuned-in for specific wave condition.
- 3/2 = 5 Channel System- 3 Extra Deep Concave channels to optimize speed and control & 2 interior concave channels for maximum responsiveness and engagement on the wave face. Empire has worked tirelessly over the last few years to develop a functional channel system to perform in all conditions. Concaves One, Three, and Five all have increased depth, width, and length to serve as hulls to produce more hydrodynamic lift which results in maximum speed and drive. The two inner concaves are designed to optimize stabilization and engagement on the wave face to produce maximum hydrodynamic flow resulting in the most proficient channel system ever created by Empire. This unique channel system permits for a quick and responsive feel for line adjustments while trimming and driving down the line. This board is designed with two things in mind: Speed + Control.
- SURLYN® Slick - Surlyn is a unique, rubber like combination of ethylene resins and other copolymers invented and manufactured by the chemical geniuses at DuPont. Unlike rigid plastics, Surlyn has amazing flexural stiffness that allows a board to conform and contort to the curve of the wave when controlled by applied pressure from the rider. When the torque is released, the dynamic memory properties of the Surlyn deliver instant recoil, projecting the board onto the next section. Surlyn is so strong that it is used as the cover for golf balls due to its unique abilities to resist cutting and abrasions from golf club impact. Surlyn is the slick of choice for high end bodyboards.
- REACT MESH- Deck and Slick Mesh. Diamond shaped mesh weave fused between the boards core and slick bottom skin for enhanced stiffness and recoil.
- 2X CFT HIGH PERFORMANCE STRINGERS - High-grade filament wound composite-fiber tube for increased board strength and spring-like recoil.
- Crescent Tail- Crescent tail bodyboards are the industry's most popular construction. The crescent tail allows the rider to comfortably sit inside the rails of the board.This provides stability while making the rail the longest edge of the bodyboard to help hold your trim in the wave face.
Andre Botha has proved himself to not only be one of the best competitive riders in the world, winning back to back World Titles at ages 17, and 18, he is also known as one of the heaviest chargers in the world. His relaxed surfing style paired with his ability to ride the craziest waves in the world has made him into one of the most dynamic riders the sport has ever seen.
His template is designed with one thing in mind, pulling into the biggest barrels possible. Check it out for yourself on his instagram page! @andre_botha_662 And be sure to follow Empire Instagram- @empireboards
Manufactured in Indonesia at Broady Indonesia, home of the best shapers in the world and the leader of Bodyboard Quality and Technology.