Player Quad Concave PFS-T Bat Tail Bodyboard
NMD BEN PLAYER QUANTUM PP Bodyboard
"In surfing I am constantly trying to refine my surfing. Every wave I catch and every section that I hit has been an opportunity for betterment.
This season of NMD boards is a representation of this with and 25 years of refinement I have made the template that I think is the best that can be made.
It's straight so it's easy to gain and maintain speed and the cores are second to none for any condition.
These two factors combine to give you a versatile and elite wave riding vehicle that I am proud to put my name to."
UNRIVALED SPEED. UNMATCHED RECOIL. UNBELIEVABLE CONTROL.
The all-new Quantum Series has been designed for the advanced rider and represents the pinnacle in advanced bodyboard design. We started with the dynamic loading principals of PFS-T and reconfigured the QuadConcave to match the tapered beam orientation. The result is the fastest board we’ve ever tested.
- Core- PFST-PP- Dual Divinycell PFS beams feature 1° of toe-in from tail to nose. This effectively positions the beams in-line with the leading hand, elbow and hip for optimal dynamic loading, resulting in enhanced flexion recoil and projection. Constructed from premium grade 1.9 lb density Arpro Polypropylene resins, Kinetic Core™ delivers amazing projection and response as a result of high pressure cell-fusion created during the blank manufacturing process.
- Slick- Surlyn slick - Surlyn is a unique, rubber like combination of ethylene resins and other copolymers invented and manufactured by the chemical geniuses at DuPont. Unlike rigid plastics, Surlyn has amazing flexural stiffness that allows a board to conform and contort to the curve of the wave when controlled by applied pressure from the rider. When the torque is released, the dynamic memory properties of the Surlyn deliver instant recoil, projecting the board onto the next section. Surlyn is so strong that it is used as the cover for golf balls due to its unique abilities to resist cutting and abrasions from golf club impact. Surlyn is the slick of choice for high end bodyboards.
- 1 X Carbon Fiber/ CFT Lightweight filament wound carbon composite rod offering rigidity and durability.
- React Mesh: Diamond shaped mesh weave fused between the boards core and slick bottom for enhanced stiffness and recoil.
- BAT TAIL:
- Tapered Quad Concave- The new tapered Quad Concave is shaped with custom-built Aku CNC precision. The angled taper follows the PFS-T beam orientation, creating hydrodynamic lift through the tail for lightning fast board speed and enables quicker release out of turns without sacrificing edge control.
- GripTech - Thermo-formed textured grips promote enhanced wax buildup for improved hand traction.
- Nose bulbs: A slightly raised area of foam on the nose of the board which create a comfortable spot to grip the nose.