NMD Player Quantum WiFly V2 Bodyboard
Re-Stocking 41.5" and 42.5" April 2021
“After 30 years of testing and development, I have finally found a board with the perfect balance between drive with maneuverability. The Tapered QuadConcave offers the same traction and acceleration of the original Quad, with the looseness and release of the WiFly V2, making what I believe is the most perfect bodyboard ever created”
UNRIVALED SPEED. UNMATCHED RECOIL. UNBELIEVABLE CONTROL.
The all-new Quantum Series has been designed for the advanced rider and represents the pinnacle in advanced bodyboard design. We started with the dynamic loading principals of PFS-T and reconfigured the QuadConcave to match the tapered beam orientation. The result is the fastest board we’ve ever tested.
Dual Divinycell PFS beams feature 1° of toe-in from tail to nose. This effectively positions the beams in-line with the leading hand, elbow and hip for optimal dynamic loading, resulting in enhanced flexion recoil and projection.
The new tapered QuadConcave is shaped with custom-built Aku CNC precision. The angled taper follows the PFS-T beam orientation, creating hydrodynamic lift through the tail for lightning fast board speed and enables quicker release out of turns without sacrificing edge control.
- Core- PFST-PP
- Slick- Surlyn slick
- React Mesh: Diamond shaped mesh weave fused between the boards core and slick bottom for enhanced stiffness and recoil.
- Tail- Deep V Tail
- Tapered Quad Concave
- Deck Contours
- Single Stringer
- Nose bulbs
- Quantum Surlyn Deck Logo: The insert logos are die-cut from Surlyn slick skin and set in place into the NXLPE deck sheet. When heat laminate a 1.5mm IXPP backing to the underside of the deck sheet, via our proprietary heat activated bonding film, which creates a waterproof membrane between the deck skin and the core.
This design is meant to be ridden 1/2” longer than a normal board. If you normally ride a 41.5”, you ride a 42” WiFly V2. On the WiFly V2 the tail is extended to give more volume. The extended 1/2” length is vitally important to how this board performs.
Available sizes for NMD Player Quantum WiFly V2 Bodyboard: (order half size up)
Plug Drilling Guidelines for Quantum Series
- Do not to drill the leash plug hole through the NMD surlyn deck logo.
- Do not pick or press the edges of the NMD deck logo.
- Do not over-tighten the leash plug as this may over-depress the deck skin and warp, bend or deform the NMD deck logo.
- Do not dill the leash plug hole too close to the insert logo as this may cause the leash plug to warp, bend or deform the NMD deck logo.