Some very basic fluid mechanics principles have been adapted to our case by our Pride Lab engineers. “When the water flow goes from a bigger section to a smaller section, the flow speed decreases and the pressure increases.” “Using this principle as an analogy to what happens below our boards (if water is coming from both side of the board), if the perimeter of the concave narrows, water will encounter resistance at the end of the concave creating a pressure which push up the board creating more lift. As a result, having a concave will add a greater sense of lift. Which also means more speed in smaller conditions." The Double Concave is coupled with the classic deep Hull channels.
Pride Bodyboards presents the Lewy Finnegan Guru SDC ISS. A legendary board for a legendary Aussie man, the Guru was designed to be as versatile as Lewy Finnegan; without compromise. The 1.9 PCF PP core combined with the ISS Stringer System, a mesh layer + the Single to Double Concave bottom at the bottom will give you powerful drive. The Guru is the only choice for riders who own podiums and stack serious footage.
- Lewy Finnegans Signature Template
- KINETIC CORE™ (PP)- Constructed from premium grade 1.9 lb density Arpro Polypropylene resins, Kinetic Core™ delivers amazing projection and response as a result of high pressure cell-fusion created during the blank manufacturing process. Kinetic Core is a warm water core available in various reinforcement configurations, each tuned for specific wave conditions.
- SDC SYSTEM- Line Contour Deck- read below for more details.
- SURLYN® Slick Bottom- Surlyn is a unique, rubber like combination of ethylene resins and other copolymers invented and manufactured by the chemical geniuses at DuPont. Unlike rigid plastics, Surlyn has amazing flexural stiffness that allows a board to conform and contort to the curve of the wave when controlled by applied pressure from the rider. When the torque is released, the dynamic memory properties of the Surlyn deliver instant recoil, projecting the board onto the next section. Surlyn is so strong that it is used as the cover for golf balls due to its unique abilities to resist cutting and abrasions from golf club impact. Surlyn is the slick of choice for high end bodyboards.
- Parallel Channels
- REACT MESH - Diamond shaped mesh weave fused between the boards core and slick bottom skin for enhanced stiffness and recoil.
- ISS Stringer System- Interchangeable Stringer System™ revolutionizes bodyboarding by giving the rider the freedom to fine tune the flex of their board to better suit the wave and water conditions. Using patented ‘load and lock’ technology, ISS® stringers are inserted and removed with the turn of a key. The ISS® range of stringers utilize the latest in composite construction and manufacturing technology to create a quiver of shafts that covers virtually the full spectrum of a riders flex requirement. (Board comes with one standard flex stringer, additional flex's sold separately)
- NOSE AND TAIL BUMPERS- Extra padding along the edge of the board to give extra strength and durability, making your board last much longer.