NMD Eddie Solomon Tribute Bodyboard
In Loving Memory of Eddie Solomon, Founder & Creator of 662, Empire Bodyboards, Ally Swim Fins, ERS4 Swim fins, and Bodyboarder Magazine. A Loving Husband, Father, Son, Brother, Friend to many. #ESFORLYF #HUHOY
Features top of the line wave riding materials
- KINETIC CORE™ (PP)- Constructed from premium grade 1.9 lb density Arpro Polypropylene resins, Kinetic Core™ delivers amazing projection and response as a result of high pressure cell-fusion created during the blank manufacturing process. Kinetic Core is a warm water core available in various reinforcement configurations, each tuned for specific wave conditions.
- NXLPE WAVECUSHION Deck- 8lb Non-Crosslink Polyethylene outer skins. The premier skin for high performance bodyboarding.
- SURLYN® Slick Bottom- Surlyn is a unique, rubber like combination of ethylene resins and other copolymers invented and manufactured by the chemical geniuses at DuPont. Unlike rigid plastics, Surlyn has amazing flexural stiffness that allows a board to conform and contort to the curve of the wave when controlled by applied pressure from the rider. When the torque is released, the dynamic memory properties of the Surlyn deliver instant recoil, projecting the board onto the next section. Surlyn is so strong that it is used as the cover for golf balls due to its unique abilities to resist cutting and abrasions from golf club impact. Surlyn is the slick of choice for high end bodyboards.
- 2X CFT STRINGERS- A high-grade filament wound composite-fiber tube rod placed inside of the core of the board for increased board strength and spring-like recoil.
- CRESCENT TAIL- Classic 45 degree angle on a 385 degree radius cut. Loose and responsive, crescent Tails are the preferred tail shape of the pro team's. CNC cut for maximum precision.
- BULL GRIPS™- Die-cut foam bulbs are positioned at each corner of the nose to enhance finger grip. Now with a new, curved contour for an even better handle.
- NOSE AND TAIL BUMPERS- Extra padding along the edge of the board to give extra strength and durability, making your board last much longer.
- GRADUATED CHANNELS- Graduated Channels increase the surface area of the boards slick bottom and channels that laminar flow along the rail/ hull for positive edge control.
- DOUBLE RAILS- Double rails gives extra strength to the boards edge, This helps to give the board durability and a bit more speed. If you are looking for a better board always make sure it has double rails.
- Always available in Eddies favorite color ways.
Buzz-Tech process hot air lamination system thermo-fuses the outer skins to the core with calibrated pre and post-set rocker tension for optimum board recoil and projection. CAD designed templates precision cut with CNC shaping machines allow for superior accuracy and consistency. Skilled craftsmen sand, trim, rail and roll each and every board for a high quality finish.